The office chair is something that is used daily for efficient working. However, it is also one of the most ignored office furniture. Chairs play an important role in the success of the business. Unlike other furniture’s they have severe impact on the productivity of the employees as well as on the health of the employees. There is huge range of chairs that are available in the market which are designed according to the needs and requirements of different occupations. Ergonomic chairs are the most preferred quality of chairs as they help to maintain the health of the employee.
Types of chairs used in offices
- Ergonomic chairs: Ergonomic chairs are designed with the aim to encourage natural seating posture in employees. They provide support to employees during long office hours. They are a bit costly but also comes with good number of benefits.
- Executive office chairs: Executive office chair [เก้าอี้ ทำงาน ผู้ บริหาร, which is the term in Thai] is the one that is used by higher-ups. Executive chairs have a high back. They are made with good quality materials like solid wood and real leather.
- Mesh office chairs: This type of chair are an incarnation of breathability. It is suitable for people who sweat a lot when working. The backrest of the chair is made with a net-like fabric.
Tips for picking the best office chairs
- Full back: Office chairs must be comfortable as they are responsible for increase and decrease in productivity. Chairs that have a full back offers comfort to employees.
- 90-degree angles: Select a chair that offers a 90-degree angle to your hips, ankles and knees. The chair that does not allow your hips, knees, and ankles to stay at 90 degrees are angle may cause back and joint pain.
- Adjustable: A good office chair is one that allows it’s user to make necessary adjustments to the chair to achieve the right seating posture.